The following criteria must be met in order to secure an interview with SSI.
1. Must be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident or Permit to Work
2. Must be at least 25 years of age and older unless specifically approved by the Client.
3. Must be a high school graduate, Associate Degree preferred.
4. No record of criminal convictions.
5. There must be positive references from past employers, with a minimum of five years of history, where applicable.
6. Must be able to speak, read, understand and write in English, and or Spanish languages.
7. Must be physically and mentally capable to perform all duties outlined in the MISSION PARTNERSHIP STATEMENT. (Created during Transition.)
8. Vision in both eyes must be correctable to 20/30. Must be able to distinguish colors and have good depth perception.
9. Must be able to hear an ordinary conversation within 15 feet without the benefit of a hearing aid.
10. Must not have secondary employment exceeding 20 hours per week.
11. Must be alert at all times to individuals approaching him/her while on duty.
12. Must have solid interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
13. Must present a good appearance (neat) and professional bearing.
14. In addition, we recognize Clients desires to offer an even more stringent set of criteria for selection of personnel. Before a prospective officer is considered by SSI for Client’s assignment, the following additional standards will be addressed and satisfied:
15. Must have at least five (5) years of experience in the LOSS PREVENTION FIELD, or two years experience with at least 18 hours of course work in the CRIMINAL JUSTICE, LAW ENFORCEMENT, or INDUSTRIAL SECURITY FIELDS from an ACCREDITED INSTITUTION OF HIGHER EDUCATION.
16. Must be able to obtain an NAC check for a secret clearance before assignment to Client site.
17. Must be able to obtain a DoD SECRET PERSONNEL SECURITY CLEARANCE.
18. Must have satisfactory credit history.
19. Must provide a copy of DD214 if a veteran of military service.
20. Must be able to apply the four W’S & H (what, who, where, when, and how )
21. Must be able to pass vigorous DRUG and PSYCHOLOGICAL TEST.
22. Must have CLEAN MOTOR VEHICLE REPORT.
23. MMPI-II (Minnesota Multiphasis Personality Inventory-II) EVALUATION: SSI is in a unique position to use the MMPI-II, the best and most respected personality test of its kind to evaluate Officers. We have a licensed professional Counselor on staff. The Officers must take the MMPI-II before being assigned to a client site.